In Part 1 of our 2013 Buick Enclave preview, we talked about the new styling, new safety technologies and the new in-vehicle connectivity. Read on for a more detailed description of the 2013 Buick Enclave interior and exterior.
Sculpted exterior advances Buick’s design language
The 2013 Buick Enclave’s sculpted styling redefined Buick’s design language upon its introduction more than five years ago. The 2013 Buick Enclave adds new signature cues, including:
• New front fascia with LED daytime running lamps
• New headlamp design, with standard Xenon high-intensity discharge lamps (HID) and LED accent lighting. Articulating headlamps are available
• New hood and black-chrome waterfall grille
• New rear fascia design with integrated exhaust outlets
• New LED taillamps
• New 19-inch and 20-inch aluminum wheel designs
• Monochromatic exterior appearance with chrome accents.
The 2013 Enclave’s new appearance is instantly recognizable as a modern Buick and the LED lighting elements enhance its technologically advanced presence. The blue translucent rings around the Xenon HID headlamps are Buick design cues found on other models, adding distinction across the brand’s lineup.
At the rear, the exhaust outlets are framed with a chrome finish within the rear fascia, for an integrated appearance that exemplifies Buick’s attention to detail. New LED taillamps provide a safety benefit by illuminating more quickly than conventional bulbs when the brakes are applied.
Harmonious interior environment
The 2013 Buick Enclave’s interior is defined by luxurious amenities and high-quality materials, with changes that create a more contemporary ambience and support the integration of Buick IntelliLink. Highlights include:
• New ice blue LED ambient lighting around the dash highlights Enclave’s flowing lines, emphasizing the cabin’s spaciousness
• Eight-way power front driver and passenger seats with four-way adjustable head
restraints emphasize seat comfort
• Details including soft touch materials and live stitching throughout the cabin, as well as true chrome accents
• Four interior color combinations are available with complementing wood tones, including a new Cocoa leather combination
• A new “center stack” with standard IntelliLink LCD display, tri-zone climate system, capacitive touch controls and available navigation system.
“The 2013 Buick Enclave’s sense of fashion is enhanced with rich saturated tones and the new color combinations, which are driven by Buick customers’ lifestyles,” said Ven Lai, Buick creative designer, color and trim. “The new Cocoa interior color is a great example. It was developed specifically for the Enclave, adding a higher degree of visual warmth that is complemented by the soft feel of the Nuance sandstone leather – a material that has similar characteristics to leathers used in home furnishings. It makes for a comfortable and rewarding place to be for daily commutes or long weekend drives.”
The new center stack was developed for easy, intuitive interaction with the new IntelliLink system, along with redundant controls on the genuine Mahogany-accented steering wheel. The tri-zone climate system’s new controls are designed to be more intuitive, too, with easier, at-a-glance operation, bold digital temperature readouts and larger controls that are easier to operate with gloves.
The 2013 Buick Enclave offers three rows of seating, available in seven- or eight-passenger configurations. The second-row seats feature the SmartSlide system, which allows easier entry to the third row, with the pull of a single handle. There is 23.3 cubic feet (660 liters) of cargo space behind the third row and a maximum of 115.2 cubic feet (3,263 liters) of cargo space available when the second and third rows are folded. That’s more than the Mercedes-Benz R Class, Infiniti JX, Acura MDX, Lincoln MKT, Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90.
If you’re shopping for a 2013 Buick Enclave in Madison Wisconsin, or in any of the surrounding cities like Whitewater, Baraboo, Watertown and Monroe, turn to Zimbrick Buick West! The team has sold Wisconsin Buick vehicles since 1965, and they know Buick vehicles better than any other Wisconsin Buick dealership.
Stay tuned for Part 3 of this three-part preview of the 2013 Buick Enclave!